We love our fish, and we want them in the best possible condition for when you catch them.
So please help us by always looking after them and abiding by all the following rules:
1. General Fishery Rules
· All fishing is strictly by PRE-BOOKING ONLY. No one is to enter the fishery unless booked on and have first signed in at the tackle shop and obtain the gate code.
· There will be no access to the fishery before 9:30am.
· The entrance gate is to be kept always locked.
· Anglers must always be in possession of the correct Environmental Agency rod licence/s.
· No dogs, fires, firearms or weapons to be bought onto the complex whatsoever.
· No under 16’s unless accompanied by a fishing adult and added onto your booking.
· Anglers are responsible for all litter in and around their swim. All litter to be taken home.
· Anyone found to be littering will be permanently banned from the fishery.
· Please use the toilets provided.
· Parking in designated areas only. Under no circumstance are vehicles allowed on the lake banks.
2. Fish Care Rules
· Please only retain fish for the minimum amount of time, whilst all fish care equipment, weigh slings and cameras are made ready. Please also minimise the time the fish is kept out of the water.
· No one is allowed to enter the site with any wet unhooking mats, nets, slings or any other equipment. Please ensure all your equipment is bone dry before fishing.
· No carp sacks to be allowed on site at any time.
· No fish to be introduced or removed. We will prosecute anyone found breaking this rule.
· Only large well-padded unhooking mats and weigh slings to be always used. Please ensure that these are wetted before use and plenty of water is available when photographing your captures.
· Strictly barbless hooks only (no micro barbed or crimped barbs).
· One Zig per angler and minimum 15lb line
· No Leaders or lead core of any type.
· Minimum 15lb mainline. No braided mainline except on spod or marker rods.
· Maximum 3 fishing rods only.
4. Payments and Cancellations
· Full payment will be required to secure your booking via the Catch Booking System.
· Should you need to cancel your session for any reason, we will need to know within 7 days of the start time on your booking in order to cancel and refund your session.
5. Your Fishery Terms
· All visitors enter the site at their own risk. Berners Hall Fishery & Total Fisheries Management LLP accept no responsibility whatsoever for any loss or damage to fishing tackle, cars, persons or any other property how so ever caused.
· No damage to wildlife or property, no trespassing on surrounding land.
· All fishermen must strictly comply with all fishery rules. If in any doubt, please ask before fishing.
6. Swim Rules
· Anglers are not permitted to leave their rods by more than one swim distance away.
· Fishing is only permitted from the designated swims. Bait boats are allowed but please refer to the lake map to see which fishing area belongs to which swim.
· Always follow the swim map available on our website and on the CATCH booking platform (CLICK HERE). This contains info on each swims section of water and maximum wraps distances from each swim on The Res. This must be followed at all times. (please note all wrap distances are measured from the top of the stairs in each swim).
Anyone found in breach of these rules will be asked to leave the fishery and banned. Random checks will be made by staff or bailiffs whose word is final in all matters.